PC World published an article revealing the truth behind some common computer myths. Have you ever wondered:
- If magnets will damage your data?
- Does using a cell phone on a plane actually interferes with the navigation and communications systems of the aircraft?
- If you don’t “eject” a USB device before unplugging it from a PC, will you really screw things up?
- Do cookies track everything you do on the Internet?
- What terrible things happen if you turn off your PC without shutting down Windows?
- Does opting out of spam gets you even more spam?
- If you don’t periodically run your laptop batteries down to zero, will you lose battery life?
Find out the answer to these questions and more as PC World exposes the myths that waste your time and money.