I came across a thread on Plastic today about the perfect album.
“[The perfect album is one] in which every track is great, each one worthy of being a hit. An album with not a single song I would skip past and nothing mediocre or even average.
Here’s my list of perfect albums (I included soundtracks because though they are not really albums, when I listen to them I don’t hit the skip button once):
- Radiohead :: Ok Computer (such a great album, though I have to admit I have been known to skip ‘Fitter Happier’ on occasion)
- Weezer :: Blue Album
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Soundtrack
- Counting Crows :: August and Everything After
- Smashing Pumpkins :: Siamese Dream
- Garden State Soundtrack
- Barenaked Ladies :: Maroon (I don’t know why I just love this album)
- Led Zeppelin :: Led Zeppelin IV
Any others that you think I missed?