Happy Birthday Jackie! Just like that, “voila!” she’s 21!
It’s my sister, Jacqueline’s birthday today. I was going to call her, but I realized that she wasn’t going to be home so instead I just sent her and email and dedicated this post to her. That’s right Jack, this is all for you. So what I’m going to do is list some of the things I like about you, Jackie, and some of the things I don’t like.
Things I like about growing up with my kid-sister Jackie:
- She’s always been a easy scapegoat, it’s her own fault really.
- that time she stole a pack of hubba bubba and shared with everyone
- all the my little ponies that she had for targets for my GI Joe
- never complaining to mom and dad all the times that Gary and I tied her up with ropes just for the fun of it.
- never asking me to give you my Christmas spending money so you could buy a present for me and then turn around and buy headphones for yourself.
- also never whining about not wanting to go on the Dumbo ride at Disneyland and then monopolizing the controls.
- someone to talk to through the vents in my ceiling.
- always being a good sport about all the nick names you’ve been given over the years.
- bringing over friends…(don’t ask why)
- hmmm, I guess that’s about it.
Things I dislike about growning up with my kid-sister Jackie:
- that time she squirted ketchup on me just to prove that she would.
- that time she borrowed risk for her boyfriend and never returned it (still)
- all the times that she decided she would like to play monopoly but then either quit 10 minutes into it or the equivilent by just letting us roll for her.
- telling me that you love me when you know I am angry at you and then saying that you only said you love me to impress people at church.