From justataste.com comes a delicious potsticker recipe but I’ve rewritten it here because I want to read recipes without all the unnecessary jabbering and pop-ups covering the screen.
Ingredients for dipping sauce:
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon sliced scallions
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
Ingredients for Potstickers:
1 pound ground chicken (See Kelly’s Notes)
1/4 cup sliced scallions, green and white parts
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
25 round wonton wrappers
Vegetable oil, for pan-frying
How to make the dipping sauce:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together red pepper flakes, rice wine vinegar, scallions, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, and sugar. That’s it; set sauce aside.
How to make the potstickers:
- In a medium bowl, stir together garlic, ginger, ground chicken, sesame oil, scallions, and soy sauce until well combined.
- To assemble potstickers, arrange wonton wrappers on a work surface and fill a small bowl with water. Spoon two teaspoons of the chicken mixture into centre of each wrapper. Dip your finger in the water then slide it around the edges of each wonton wrapper. Fold wrappers in half and pinch pleats along the top. Press bottoms of the potstickers to create flat bottoms.
- Add two tablespoons of vegetable oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Coat bottom of the pan by swirling the oil, then add a single layer portion of the potstickers and sear bottoms until they’re crunchy and golden brown.
- After potstickers are browned on the bottom, add ¼ cup water to pan and cover. Steam the potstickers until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and continue cooking while swirling the potstickers in the pan until all water is evaporated.
- Transfer potstickers to paper towel-lined plate then repeat searing and steaming process with remaining potstickers.